LET'S MAKE FUN, NOT WAR
PotatoGuy_13

Review & Looks

So, i played the game a long time ago, and i played it again whit this new update.

They impressed me alot and probably many of the old players too, what can I say?, they made alot of things better, sure still whit alot of things to fix and add.

As an honest review, I'm my opinion they only made the map bigger and added 3 structures, added the rockets, added wall upgrades, some more items and that's it.

I got nothing wrong whit this, since the team is not that big, But the Chad update took like 2 years to make, now imagine how long will it take for the next one, but hey, if they updated it that means they care about their game. (no really, survival simulator was a hacker Market whit no new products)

Anyways, i have some suggestions for the improvement of the game and probably for more content

1- Better AI: So you know animals right?, Well as you may know some animals when attacked (from long range) are like ?, they don't move, this is something that should be changed, like when a player attacks an animal (long range), they will track the first player that did the damage to it and follow it.

1.5- Deer Fix: As you may know, if you are next to a deer, it will freeze and not move, Wich is something that should be changed, since this would make the game alot easier.

2- [Prob Patched] No-clipping thought walls: no, this is not a hack, it's a bug that when u run into a Basel, u could no-clip into it and either watch, attack or steal, this makes the gameplay VERY BAD, because all of that farming will just go in no time, the bug itself happens sometimes and not on every base, but still.

3- [Buff] Wooden/Iron Spear: So you may know that the spear doesn't have a MEELE ATTACK, this is literally dumb since it's supposed to have a MEELE attack, and the only thing u can do whit it is  T r o w  it, the spear itself is a BAD weapon, since u need A LOT of patience and practice for one even to land, not mentioning the only good use is killing animals altrought it's expensive and unefficient, so yeah spears need a meele attack.

4- Map Generation: So, all the maps are practically the same thing, which makes it boring sometimes since u know the best spots of the map, the map should have a Procedural or Random Generation, Structures spawning near the center of the map and a bit far away from beach/Spawn, this would improve alot the gameplay since u would have to play more whit strategy. ( not actually since u would just need to farm recourses like crazy to obliterate the server )

5- Aim Assist: Ah yes, the aim, it sucks, itself it's already hard to aim good and land hits, unless ur literaly 2mts from the player, then all u have to do is spam the fire button and pray, i would request an aim assister that follows the player whit a low delay to not make it like aimbot, for me this is very useful and necessary since in mobile it's kinda hard to aim [not in every game], because fights rn are just spam, pray, and being 2cms near a player to land a few hits.

6- Modded Servers: What i want whit this is that some of the server that are being used (1 or 2), be changed to modded servers [2x,3x,4x,5x,etc], this could make the game have a bit more of content in gamemodes style.

7- Raid/Damage Alert: This would be like a little GUI that will show the damaged structures and structures that were destroyed, naming the players that did it, this could be good for information since sometimes we don't know if our base is getting raided when we are farming.

8- New Models: so you may know the game has the same model for all the recourses (Trees,Rocks,Metal,Sulfur), i would suggest to add 1 or 2 new models (not for all of them) but for some of them, because its kinda ugly seing a game whit the same model.

There are by far more suggestions, but that will be for another day, PotatoGuy leaves.

-some things might be fixed so don't argue about it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PotatoGuy_13 said:

So, i played the game a long time ago, and i played it again whit this new update.

They impressed me alot and probably many of the old players too, what can I say?, they made alot of things better, sure still whit alot of things to fix and add.

As an honest review, I'm my opinion they only made the map bigger and added 3 structures, added the rockets, added wall upgrades, some more items and that's it.

I got nothing wrong whit this, since the team is not that big, But the Chad update took like 2 years to make, now imagine how long will it take for the next one, but hey, if they updated it that means they care about their game. (no really, survival simulator was a hacker Market whit no new products)

Anyways, i have some suggestions for the improvement of the game and probably for more content

1- Better AI: So you know animals right?, Well as you may know some animals when attacked (from long range) are like ?, they don't move, this is something that should be changed, like when a player attacks an animal (long range), they will track the first player that did the damage to it and follow it.

1.5- Deer Fix: As you may know, if you are next to a deer, it will freeze and not move, Wich is something that should be changed, since this would make the game alot easier.

2- [Prob Patched] No-clipping thought walls: no, this is not a hack, it's a bug that when u run into a Basel, u could no-clip into it and either watch, attack or steal, this makes the gameplay VERY BAD, because all of that farming will just go in no time, the bug itself happens sometimes and not on every base, but still.

3- [Buff] Wooden/Iron Spear: So you may know that the spear doesn't have a MEELE ATTACK, this is literally dumb since it's supposed to have a MEELE attack, and the only thing u can do whit it is  T r o w  it, the spear itself is a BAD weapon, since u need A LOT of patience and practice for one even to land, not mentioning the only good use is killing animals altrought it's expensive and unefficient, so yeah spears need a meele attack.

4- Map Generation: So, all the maps are practically the same thing, which makes it boring sometimes since u know the best spots of the map, the map should have a Procedural or Random Generation, Structures spawning near the center of the map and a bit far away from beach/Spawn, this would improve alot the gameplay since u would have to play more whit strategy. ( not actually since u would just need to farm recourses like crazy to obliterate the server )

5- Aim Assist: Ah yes, the aim, it sucks, itself it's already hard to aim good and land hits, unless ur literaly 2mts from the player, then all u have to do is spam the fire button and pray, i would request an aim assister that follows the player whit a low delay to not make it like aimbot, for me this is very useful and necessary since in mobile it's kinda hard to aim [not in every game], because fights rn are just spam, pray, and being 2cms near a player to land a few hits.

6- Modded Servers: What i want whit this is that some of the server that are being used (1 or 2), be changed to modded servers [2x,3x,4x,5x,etc], this could make the game have a bit more of content in gamemodes style.

7- Raid/Damage Alert: This would be like a little GUI that will show the damaged structures and structures that were destroyed, naming the players that did it, this could be good for information since sometimes we don't know if our base is getting raided when we are farming.

8- New Models: so you may know the game has the same model for all the recourses (Trees,Rocks,Metal,Sulfur), i would suggest to add 1 or 2 new models (not for all of them) but for some of them, because its kinda ugly seing a game whit the same model.

There are by far more suggestions, but that will be for another day, PotatoGuy leaves.

-some things might be fixed so don't argue about it

Hey there! Just wanted to give my opinion on your points.

1. The Ai works properly in my opinion besides the deer, animals do follow you, but at the same time if you shoot an animal from long range they should aggro on you because it would be considering strategical.

2.There is not a no clipping glitch to go through bases, unless you mean the stone foundation glitch, besides that No clipped has been patched at the moment.

3. The wooden spear is a wooden spear it shouldn't be good. But I do agree on it their being a melee attack, the Iron spear is good, It one shots fresh spawns in the head. Test it!

4. I think it would be difficult to have map generation and would take some time, I think the biggest importance would just be more things to do, The game is still in a fresh state in my opinion and I think they need to add more structures or possibly puzzles, more ways to accomplish loot and more items.

5. I do not agree, neither do the admins. Aim assist would add the possibility to add Aim Bot, Plus aiming isn't that hard my friend, Just takes practice and skill. I hit plenty of shots, I have 1v10 players before because I have a lot of practice. I do not understand why people complain so much.Just practice! So Aim assist would not be a well addition.

6. Its quite easy to get loot at the moment, Before they add any types of different servers they just need to add more items, things to do, 

7. No their should be no indication of who raids your base, And you should be able to know when you are getting raided if you are near your base because the sound of rockets are decently loud when in a certain proximity. Oxide is not supposed to be an easy game, you spawn, farm, build a base, research, pvp, raid, get raided, and do it all again. Part of the game.

8. I agree but you must remember this is a mobile game so do not have your expectations so high, Yet the devs are very talented so We have some fun stuff to come in the future.

This is all my opinion and just a response. - Nathan

8 hours ago, Smoothiezzz said:

1. The Ai works properly in my opinion besides the deer, animals do follow you, but at the same time if you shoot an animal from long range they should aggro on you because it would be considering strategical.

2.There is not a no clipping glitch to go through bases, unless you mean the stone foundation glitch, besides that No clipped has been patched at the moment.

3. The wooden spear is a wooden spear it shouldn't be good. But I do agree on it their being a melee attack, the Iron spear is good, It one shots fresh spawns in the head. Test it!

4. I think it would be difficult to have map generation and would take some time, I think the biggest importance would just be more things to do, The game is still in a fresh state in my opinion and I think they need to add more structures or possibly puzzles, more ways to accomplish loot and more items.

5. I do not agree, neither do the admins. Aim assist would add the possibility to add Aim Bot, Plus aiming isn't that hard my friend, Just takes practice and skill. I hit plenty of shots, I have 1v10 players before because I have a lot of practice. I do not understand why people complain so much.Just practice! So Aim assist would not be a well addition.

6. Its quite easy to get loot at the moment, Before they add any types of different servers they just need to add more items, things to do, 

7. No their should be no indication of who raids your base, And you should be able to know when you are getting raided if you are near your base because the sound of rockets are decently loud when in a certain proximity. Oxide is not supposed to be an easy game, you spawn, farm, build a base, research, pvp, raid, get raided, and do it all again. Part of the game.

8. I agree but you must remember this is a mobile game so do not have your expectations so high, Yet the devs are very talented so We have some fun stuff to come in the future.

Thanks for replying, yes i understand, i haven't played in a long time tho since i don't have a good device, but here's my opinion on u answers

1 Idk if they will go for u when u attack since i can't play at the moment, but If they do then it would be something amazing that the devs did

2 i meant the bug that letted u no-clip thought Basel/Base Plataform, if they fixed it then cool cuz it was annoying

3 I don't say wooden spear is bad, is good, it's just that the cost and time it uses is just bad and not a viable weapon,

4 I understand, it's just a suggestion, and yes i have to admit is not easy to make a world generation, but it would be cool if at least there 2 different maps ( Not Generated but a little modified )

5 I have to admit i agree, is just that I'm not good at aiming, but If that gives hackers a chance then no, because then it would be worse than Speed,Jump,Etc, Hacks

6 No, i don't mean recourses gathering is slow, i just suggested 2 server or more to have a recourse multiplier so the game would have a bit more of content in the way of gamemodes

7 That's true, it shouldn't, but talking more specifically, when u are offline, it should appear when spawning, it would show the building that were destroyed and the player, altrought like u said, it's kinda unnecessary since is part of the game getting raided

13 hours ago, Smoothiezzz said:

Thanks for replying, yes i understand, i haven't played in a long time tho since i don't have a good device, but here's my opinion on u answers

1 Idk if they will go for u when u attack since i can't play at the moment, but If they do then it would be something amazing that the devs did

2 i meant the bug that letted u no-clip thought Basel/Base Plataform, if they fixed it then cool cuz it was annoying

3 I don't say wooden spear is bad, is good, it's just that the cost and time it uses is just bad and not a viable weapon,

4 I understand, it's just a suggestion, and yes i have to admit is not easy to make a world generation, but it would be cool if at least there 2 different maps ( Not Generated but a little modified )

5 I have to admit i agree, is just that I'm not good at aiming, but If that gives hackers a chance then no, because then it would be worse than Speed,Jump,Etc, Hacks

6 No, i don't mean recourses gathering is slow, i just suggested 2 server or more to have a recourse multiplier so the game would have a bit more of content in the way of gamemodes

7 That's true, it shouldn't, but talking more specifically, when u are offline, it should appear when spawning, it would show the building that were destroyed and the player, altrought like u said, it's kinda unnecessary since is part of the game getting raided

8 i understand, the team is not so big, but i fell like a resize and a texture change would be enough for a new model.