LET'S MAKE FUN, NOT WAR
1 1
Nyacinth

Whole list of suggestions.

Mobile games have come a far way since they first became popular. Oxide is an astounding game in terms of what it goes for, and for being in its alpha and one of the only true competitors in its genre, it is fantastic. However, it is in Alpha. Hence, the suggestions below seek to improve the game further, from movement to control layouts. This is my list of suggestions that I have compiled.

Customization of the HUD

The HUD in this game is clunky, there is no other way to say it. I miss the shoot button frequently despite being a hardcore FPS player on mobile. Customization of the HUD includes button positions, button opacity, button size, and ability to get rid of the second button (for example, the grab button has two buttons at all times) for cleanliness. This allows better maneuverability in multiple aspects, but specifically shooting and farming (safely).

Cloth should be easier to get

This is something major, along with the above suggestion. It feels like every time I try going from scratch, my main issue is cloth. The snow biome is incredibly good right now, but I can't go deep into it without good armour, all of which takes cloth or leather, which both stem from the same place. So what's the issue with getting cloth? Animals are the only thing that drop it. And how do you kill an animal without dying? You get lucky with a deer glitching out, or you farm all the way to a revolver. Please add something else that gives cloth, even if it's from boxes.

- Speaking of boxes...

Something needs to be done about the low amount of boxes in the game. Why? Well, it's probably not for the reason you think. It's water. The only way you can get water right now is via boxes, and guess how often you can get a box? Big surprise, not often. So you end up stuck in this loop where every hour or so, you need to find somewhere to store your stuff otherwise you'll die of thirst and lose all of your items. This could also be fixed by allowing the lakes to be potable.

- Foundations should be more open to how they're placed.

Right now, foundations seem to always have the ability to crouch under them and do the glitch. But even without that glitch, lower foundations would be better anyway. I don't need to waste time on stairs, I can build better on flat surfaces, and I don't need to jump up if I don't have stairs.

In summary, these are four of the issues I have right now. There are much more, including the fact that over the past two days, three of my bases have mysteriously disappeared from existence. If you tell me they got raided, I'm having a hard time thinking why someone would go through the trouble of raiding the foundations as well, and both of my bases today have just disappeared after I was done with work. I know they weren't decaying either. Anyway, have a lovely day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One thing you could do in the mean time, in regards to killing animals without dying, while they are chasing you, crouch under a foundation.

They stop and you can easily kill them.

Not discrediting what you said, just a temp solution.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nyacinth said:

I think for now getting cloths should be done more difficult because leather Armor is in the last stage of Armor like ( heavy plate Armor or metal Armor in rust ) it shouldn't be easy to make it and  sleeping bag tooo need cloths but for now it's has no use as such . If Dev's make it easy to get cloths it will ruin the game because leather Armor is way tooo tank .

Edited by dbluey
  • Like 1

Cloth =/= Leather, cloth can come from animals still, but there needs to be another way to get cloth that isn't from animals. Bows should be meta for newbies, not something put to the side. Yes, the game is in development, but the game should be in a state where it goes forward and distributes resources the same way it would five years of updates from now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nyacinth said:

Cloth =/= Leather, cloth can come from animals still, but there needs to be another way to get cloth that isn't from animals. Bows should be meta for newbies, not something put to the side. Yes, the game is in development, but the game should be in a state where it goes forward and distributes resources the same way it would five years of updates from now. 

Sry my bad I mean to say leather .Yes you are right .And vro you can kill animal in 3-4 arrows easily.

Then balance it so that leather armour isn't equivalent to metal gear here? It can still be the best, but maybe it shouldn't be as tanky. Just a thought.

On 9/27/2021 at 2:48 PM, Nyacinth said:

Then balance it so that leather armour isn't equivalent to metal gear here? It can still be the best, but maybe it shouldn't be as tanky. Just a thought.

I think you can still kill somebody in 1 hit with a headshot with any gun

I simply told him what he believed in that case, and refuted the argument using it. I don't believe leather armour is all that tanky to be fair.