LET'S MAKE FUN, NOT WAR
myke

#1 Priority

I've posted some extensive things about how to make the game more robust.
I've tried to think about things that affect gameplay, but do not require any major programming changes.

But all of that is POINTLESS untill you fix the wall-hack problem.
it doesn't matter what you do to the game as long as people can just walk into your base, kill you and steal your stuff with impunity.

That should be the #1 priority.

I was kicked from the server while building, inside my own base. I accidentally blocked myself in while building, and tried to crawl under a foundation to get out of a hole. I *immediately* got kicked for "hacking". And yet, people walk thru walls without any problems?

I did a lot of work programming with GPS and vehicle systems. We have a concept of "geo fencing".
If I create walls and doors, and they're closed off - that creates a geo-fence. A mathematically defined area of coordinates.
If anyone comes in that area - how? Did they enter thru an opening? If you leave a door unlocked, it unblocks an area within that geo-fence. If that geofence is secure, and someone ends up inside that "closed" area anyways? CLEARLY something isn't right.

That should be so freaking simple to detect.

So if you're going to kick me for crawling under my own foundation - surely you can kick someone for walking thru a goddamned wall.

This isn't rocket science.

Like, don't take this the wrong way - but if you can't wrap your minds around the concept of "walls are things" - what's the point?

On 11/18/2021 at 1:20 AM, myke said:

Like, don't take this the wrong way - but if you can't wrap your minds around the concept of "walls are things" - what's the point?

So you can help them

On 11/18/2021 at 8:07 AM, myke said:

I've posted some extensive things about how to make the game more robust.
I've tried to think about things that affect gameplay, but do not require any major programming changes.

But all of that is POINTLESS untill you fix the wall-hack problem.
it doesn't matter what you do to the game as long as people can just walk into your base, kill you and steal your stuff with impunity.

That should be the #1 priority.

I was kicked from the server while building, inside my own base. I accidentally blocked myself in while building, and tried to crawl under a foundation to get out of a hole. I *immediately* got kicked for "hacking". And yet, people walk thru walls without any problems?

I did a lot of work programming with GPS and vehicle systems. We have a concept of "geo fencing".
If I create walls and doors, and they're closed off - that creates a geo-fence. A mathematically defined area of coordinates.
If anyone comes in that area - how? Did they enter thru an opening? If you leave a door unlocked, it unblocks an area within that geo-fence. If that geofence is secure, and someone ends up inside that "closed" area anyways? CLEARLY something isn't right.

That should be so freaking simple to detect.

So if you're going to kick me for crawling under my own foundation - surely you can kick someone for walking thru a goddamned wall.

This isn't rocket science.

They already said they are working on the anticheat system