LET'S MAKE FUN, NOT WAR
myke

Building Decaying? Why?

On US2.
Disconnected for the night, Jumped back on. Had multiple days of wood in the cupboard before I got off.
Daily upkeep is ~150, and there's over 400 wood in there.
I get on, building is intact, no damage, everything's fine. Except - it says "building decaying". I check the TC, and there's still wood in there. There's some minor damage to the door, and it won't allow me to repair.

What's going on?

Also, the only thing that seems to be getting destroyed, is the door.
Everything else is fine. It's a 1x1 with an attached 1x2 under the same TC.
The door to the 1x1 is slowly decreasing in HP, but the rest of the structure isn't happy. I know it's my door, because I can still open/close and lock/unlock it. Sooooo

I've also destroyed the old TC, crafted and placed a new one, and it's doing the same thing.

There's nothing around me, there's no evidence anyone has attacked my base or DONE anything... I can't seem to repair the door with the hammer, and nothing else has any damage at all. But the door is slowly decreasing in HP.

Edited by myke

2 hours ago, myke said:

Also, the only thing that seems to be getting destroyed, is the door.
Everything else is fine. It's a 1x1 with an attached 1x2 under the same TC.
The door to the 1x1 is slowly decreasing in HP, but the rest of the structure isn't happy. I know it's my door, because I can still open/close and lock/unlock it. Sooooo

I've also destroyed the old TC, crafted and placed a new one, and it's doing the same thing.

There's nothing around me, there's no evidence anyone has attacked my base or DONE anything... I can't seem to repair the door with the hammer, and nothing else has any damage at all. But the door is slowly decreasing in HP.

Did u stack doors? Cuz last time same thing happened to me,the new door slow decays and other parts are fine

Edited by The LarSa

4 hours ago, The LarSa said:

Did u stack doors? Cuz last time same thing happened to me,the new door slow decays and other parts are fine

I did on another part of the base, but both of those doors are fine. And I did that a while ago, with no problem. This is only just now after the fact.

You need to connect all your floors, walls, etc. Anything that isn't connected to your base with TC will not be protected. It will decay.

5 hours ago, JMRVRGS said:

You need to connect all your floors, walls, etc. Anything that isn't connected to your base with TC will not be protected. It will decay.

It is all connected.

So - I logged back in, and everything's back to "normal"?
Essentially what I had was, my original 1x1 that had a TC in it.
I attached a 1x2 next to it with a different entrance for furnaces and whatnot. That's the one that ended up with the double-door. I tried to put an armored door on, but already had a metal door - ended up with both.
At first, everything was fine. But after some hours the door on the 1x1 with the TC and the bag started decaying, and the TC stopped working. (as you can see in the screenshot, saying building decaying)

The metal door on the original 1x1 decayed. Nothing else did. Everything else is 100% fine.
Once that door decayed, the TC kicked back in, and everything is back to normal.

Just highly odd. The mechanics that allow you to place double-doors is odd (especially since there's no way to upgrade/replace doors), and the fact that something totally unrelated decayed, while the rest of the base (and not the new armored door) is completely random.

Definitely doesn't seem right, or by design.
Like, I could totally understand if the "upgraded" door I placed in the 1x2 was picked up as disconnected somehow. This is just, weird.

Also - I placed a new door where the original had decayed, and everything is totally fine.
Still have the double-doors on another part of the base, have a new armored door in place of the decayed one - TC is now working fine and everything is back to normal.

Just, highly odd, and I can't imagine that's by design.