LET'S MAKE FUN, NOT WAR
Multigatawny

Balancing issues regarding scrap farming and researching items.

Hello,

I'd like to talk here a bit about research system and scrap farming, imo it should be rebalanced as soon as possible.

First issue i have is farming scrap is extremely time consuming and there's only one way to get it, running around the map in circles looking for barrels to destroy. You get around 2-5 pieces of scrap per barrel, and you need literally hundreds of it to unlock even some basic stuff.

As a fresh player on the server before u even unlock metal axe and pickaxe you need a whooping 150scrap! It's way too much! 

Not to mention good luck farming scrap to unlock something like a gun on a server full of players that already have firearms, its almost impossible, everytime i go ona run i end up killed by someone or just shot at.

To unlock a revolver and ammo it uses you literally need hundreds, probably over 300scrap total if you include that u need to have a research table, research hammer then axe then revolver and then bullets.

My suggestion for this problem would be either:

-add more ways to farm scrap quicker.

-lower the research cost on items or make barrels spawn more scrap than they spawn now.

-introduce server wipe mechanics, like wipe all the servers every week or even every 5 days so big clans or just assholes cant terrorize everyone once they unlock their guns.

-maybe something like reverse-engineering items system? For example if i find a revolver on someone's body i could go to the research table and reverse engineer it so i don't have to unlock it by just farming scrap. 

I got couple other ideas, but my main point is either make barells drop like twice the amount of scrap they are dropping now, cut the research cost on all items in half or add new ways to get scrap other than just barrels.

Btw your game is pretty damn good and it improved a lot since it was released. I love to see your project growing and gaining player recognition. 

Good job guys!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I would say farm at night bro I feel in reality it's balanced you can if you get the upper hand hire folks to farm for you for scrap makes an in game economy which is super fun for both new players and old making it easier would mean tons of rockets this last week's been first time I've ever seen big bases actual start to pop up pre last update things were wiped same day now maybe you get five days with a base if lucky

Totally agree I say get rid of it unless it's for rockets or armored door.it made me uninstall bcuz of how stupid it is it takes forever and is no longer worth the grind to get rifles and such.

Yea I agree the fact it's been when idk a few days since reset and my clan has 5 players full researched and been giving scrap for resources now shows it's not impossible and already many others in server even with heavy pressure from us are reaching rockets

Personalmente creo q el tema de la chatarra si está balanceado, solo que hay que buscar maneras de arreglárselas. Lo de la investigación inversa me gusta la idea, se podría hacer como en el rust de PC pero que siga pidiendo un porcentaje de scrap.

También estoy de acuerdo con lo de que al comienzo de todos es realmente complicado el poder avanzar por la cantidad de scrap, esto podría arreglarse haciendo que la mesa de trabajo no requiera scrap sino metal para fabricarse, esto reduce la necesidad de scrap para el comienzo.

Y realmente creo que todos los servidores deberían de tener un wipe/ reseteo almenos cada 2 semanas, porque clanes grandes no dejan avanzar a los demás.

Gracias por su tiempo 

Edited by Shinte
Me faltó una palabra
  • Thanks 1

Hi, @Multigatawny

Thanks for starting this crucial topic.

Well, the question of balance is always like double-edged sword. 

On the one side, newbies my be disencouraged by the amount of scrap they should get, dealing with pressure of other players. Here I see one more issue with big clans of players that capture the server and do not let others play - but that's another story..  

On the other side, if it's too easy, it won't be about survival. Everybody will have easy access to weapons and it will ruin the game. 

I'm more inclined to agree with @xAnonyPowerZ opinion, but it needs still some thinking. 

I agree, maybe new sources of scrap are needed. But I think we shouldn't lower the research cost of items or increase the amount of scrap per barrel. 

The wipe topic is also controversial for me. Yes, i want to reduce the gap between elementary and advanced players. But i understand players who spend hours to build a huge base but one day it got reset.. 

Please share your opiinions 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have to agree with a higher ceiling as well on the research table without a more extensive building system to make bases more raid proof rockets being so easily accessible makes the hight a build can be limited when a base of 28k stone upkeep can be taken out with 20 rockets which can be easily without much effort achieved in a week after a wipe having the rockets be further away would be fun. Primitive stages of the game are enjoyable allows many different aspects to the game.. obviously late game is awesome putting 18 hours daily to build up massive bases and do fun stuff is fun having more time in the starting phases is nice.. the power of clans will be tough to fight but I've seen some groups hop servers already to fight other big clans solos will be caught in the fray always. I vote keep same/increase it double what it is 

On 13/01/2022 at 15:09, xAnonyPowerZ said:

Ei pessoal. Eu entendo todas as suas frustrações.

Mas todos vocês precisam entender se um novo spawner pode criar Picaretas Machados que eles podem moer rapidamente para sucata para obter rifles etc. E construir seu caminho até Rockets. Minha opinião é aumentar o custo de rifles e foguetes ou pelo menos a munição para isso. Já que esses são os itens do objetivo final que você vai usar. Você pode obter 150 sucatas em uma corrida de 30 minutos ainda menos 

Realmente! Aumentar o custo do rifles e Foguetes urgente!

On 14/01/2022 at 12:36, xAnonyPowerZ said:

Sim, então minha opinião é a seguinte para os custos de sucata.

• Revólver 200       e * Munição 250 

• Rifle de caça 400     e [  Novo tipo de munição 7,62  ]    550

• Espingarda 250       e cartuchos de espingarda 300

Fuzil de assalto  500      e munição 5,56 650

•  RPG  700  e Rocket 1000

Desbloqueie o caminho da próxima arma

1000346731_Screenshot_20220114-155755_Oxide-SurvivalIsland.thumb.jpg.a1ea5f7e6f6dc2af2e64a94dbefbd9b0.jpg

Você primeiro precisa desbloquear a arma e a munição antes de pesquisar a próxima arma. A razão para isso é fazer do Rifle de Assalto + Rifle e RPG as verdadeiras armas do End game.

Motivo dos altos custos de sucata?

1. Bem, a razão é a seguinte. Isso fará com que não apenas o que eu disse acima seja o motivo, mas os jogadores usarão com mais frequência o Revólver e a Espingarda.

2.isso trará mais uso de ambas as armas. 

3. O custo mais alto é apenas para que demore mais para obter as armas. 

Esta é a minha opção. Diminuir ou aumentar a quantidade de sucata é sempre algo a se falar. 

Saudações xAnonyPowerZ 

@Catsbit.Care Qual a sua opinião? ? 

Perfeito!